Celebrate Earth Day 2020 at Home
On April 22, 1970, the world celebrated the first Earth Day to promote environmental awareness. Fifty years later the tradition continues, and this year we’re celebrating with a quarantine twist! Check out these activities you can participate in right from home!
Swim with Dolphin Quest
Join the Dolphin Quest Hawai`i for a special conservation themed Facebook Live event on Earth Day at 9 a.m. Meet the dolphins and learn how to be a good ocean steward.
Take a Virtual Field Trip
Travel around the world without leaving your home with one of these virtual tours:
- Hawai`i Volcano National Park
- Alaska Kenai Fjords National Park
- New Mexico Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Utah Bryce Canyon National Park
- Florida Dry Tortugas National Park
- Great Barrier Reef
Explore the Universe
Learn about our beautiful "Blue Marble" with NASA's #EarthDayAtHome online quiz, videos, posters and other resources with NASA's online toolkit.
Tune in to Earthfest
The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) has several live streams and watch parties for the family including:
- Green Thumb for Families
- Iceberg Bits: Understanding Rivers of IceField Trip Earth—LIVE Watch Party
- Field Trip Earth—LIVE Watch Party
- 50 Years of Earth Day—YouTube Watch Party
- Bash the Trash Live!
- Venus, Earth, and Mars–LIVE Watch Party
- Earth Trivia! A Toast to the Planet!
Hilo Grow Shop, The Home Depot, and other stores around the island have free online ordering/pick-up for you to start a garden. Herbs are easy to grow and add fresh flavors for future meals. Plant flowers, vegetables, trees — the possibilities are endless.
On April 22, 2020, enjoy Earth Day the responsible way, and share it with us on our Facebook page!